When one thinks Thanksgiving most likely food comes to mind. The table is set stuffed full with so much food you wonder how you’ll eat all of it. Yet somehow there is always room for some desert. After all don’t we all have an eye for that delicious pie that you’ve been smelling all afternoon!
So check out this recipe we’re sure you’ll want to leave plenty of room for this!
- Pastry for single crust pie
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Pure gold maple syrup, divided
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Line in 9 inch pie plate with pastry
- line pastry shell with foil and bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil bake for 5 more minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and salt
- Stir in milk until smooth
- Gradually stir in remaining milk and 3/4 cup maple syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. reduce heat and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in egg yolks, return to heat and bring to gentle boil stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Let stand and cool to room temperature.
- In separate bowl, beat cream at high speed until stiff.
- Fold 1 cup cream into cooled filling, spoon into crust.
- Fold remaining syrup into remaining cream, frost top of pie.
- Refrigerate overnight and garnish with almonds.
- Save room and enjoy!